GDPR Compliance Magento 2 Extension
The Magento 2 GDPR Extension provides complete required tool-set to help merchants to comply securely their store or website with the latest GDPR regulations (It is must after May 25th, 2018).
- Ensures EU’s GDPR comply
- Activate & personalize GDPR cookie consent
- Delete account option for customer
- Download/erase data on account page
- Manage Privacy consent (upto 3) for admin
- Customer consent tracking grids
- Email verification to protect for data theft
- Configure auto erase unwanted data
- Set data handling request (by admin, by customer or auto)
Version 1.0.2 CE (Feb 16, 2021)
- * Fixed GDPR popup issue on checkout page
Version 1.0.1 CE (Aug 17, 2018)
- * Bug Fixes & Improvement
- + Enterprise Edition Compatibility
Version 1.0.0 CE (Jun 23, 2018)
- + Core GDPR rules follows for delete-anonymize-export personal data can be managed from 'My Account > Manage Account'
- + To avoid data theft & fraudulent actions, there are Admin Moderation and Email Verification gate on handle request made by the customer.
- + Privacy Consent will be mentioned and show up on a register and checkout. It will also be updated on the Account > Privacy setting page.
- + Customer Consent Grids to tracking for all accepted assent & till which are not accepted the notice.
- + A cookie compliant notice pop-up can be customized with a top & bottom position of your web-page.
- + Admin configuration for auto-deletion of unwanted data like an abandoned cart.
- + Consent Reset when policy update & added 2 new grid for consent visibility
- + Popup appearing when customer get the login for update consent
HOW THE MAGENTO 2 GDPR EXTENSION WORKS?
Manage Account with (Delete, Download & Erase action)Admin can configure each of this request processing by immediately, awaiting admin approval or auto-mode.
Delete Account:According to the GDPR regulation, a user should have an option to delete an account permanently. This Magento 2 GDPR compliant plugin empowers users to delete an account from the new “My Account > Manage Account” page. Is sent out the requested email & ensures action to authorized user only? this kind of request is securely handled by this plugin.
Download Personal Data:This extension fulfils website or store with an EU’s “right to access” rule. The users can request for data download in “My Account > Manage Account page”. This will export all user’s own personal info, sales history, invoicing etc. into the CSV format. Once the download is ready, a downloadable attachment link will be sent to the user’s verified the email address.
Erase/Anonymize Account Data:To comply with erase data action, this Magento2 plugin adds an option to erase/anonymise user data. With these rights, they can replace customer personal data, sales history with placeholder text in the database which hides customer's information.
Each of these data-related requests (delete, erase & download) allows 3 modes of servicing enhancing the flexibility and security:
- By Customer
- By Admin
With the Auto mode, whenever a request raised & completes the email verification by the customer. All received requests will then be automatically fulfilled on based of cron set by the admin. After all, the email will be sent to the relevant customers, using an email user can take control for account data actions.
In By Admin mode, when a request raised by the user, the admin receives all request on his dashboard and when the admin approves the request then a mail is sent out to the customer who then takes a relevant action to complete their request. This method is used to ensure more security.
Privacy Consent ManagementA GDPR compliant plug-in for Magento 2 also sets cron job for automatically truncate abandoned carts from quote table repeatedly. The admin can set this frequency on the backend via cron settings.
Admin will be presented 2 separate user consents grids loading users who accepted consents & customers pending privacy consents. Admin can reset previously recorded users consent to run through new privacy terms. The customer then has to give their consents again with new privacy updates.
GDPR Cookie ConsentsOur Magento plugin enables cookie consent with a customized popup at the top or bottom of the screen to the user.
Important notice: This extension designed by the best of our knowledge and understanding of the EU’s GDPR rule. It will surely help to eCommerce merchants to ready their store or website with this compliance. However, please consult your lawyer to confirm compliant accordingly.
GDPR Compliance Extension Set up:
1. To use this extension, go to STORE> Configuration > SETUBRIDGE > GDPR Compliance Tab:
2. Check more info on extension installation instruction here.