Magento 2 Progressive Web Apps (PWA) Extension
The Progressive Web Application Magento 2 module utilizes the power of browsers to deliver an experience of that of mobile applications!
- Create & configure App Manifest easily
- "Add to Home screen" popup for all supported browser
- Send unlimited web push notifications
- Personalize splash screen bg color, Icon & name of your PWA
- Track PWA Install/visits event in GA & backend dashboard
- App-like UX with Full screen & Standalone mode
- Compatible with all Magento Themes
Version 1.0.5 CE (Jun 07, 2021)
- + Added Multiple store support
Version 1.0.4 CE (Mar 05, 2021)
- + Added latest firebase library support
Version 1.0.3 CE (Feb 15, 2021)
- + Added CSP (Content Security Policy) Support
- * Fixed scope issue
Version 1.0.2 CE (Nov 28, 2019)
- + Track the installs & app view events on event tracking dashboard
- + Extended "scope", so admin make practical use of it when PWA is into sub directory
Version 1.0.1 CE (Mar 28, 2019)
- + Admin can upload Splash Icon
- + Tracking PWA Events With Google Analytics (This will allow to tracking PWA events with Google Analytics, such as to track how many users have added our site to their home screen.)
Version 1.0.0 CE (Jan 17, 2018)
- + Support offline mode, admin can choose an offline page
- + Launches without internet or low-quality internet
- + Works lightning fast if compared to a website
- + Enter & display web application name
- + Splash background colour of the PWAs.
- + Send multiple notifications at a time
- + Works completely responsive on all the platforms
- + Upload and change an application icon
- + Set the theme colour of the PWAs
MAGENTO 2 PWA (Progressive Web Apps) EXTENSION
An application goes beyond a traditional web application and has user-cool features like sending push notifications through the browser itself. This takes away the barriers associated with your average mobile applications. Our team follow-ups all the responsibilities of Magento2 PWA integration. Magento 2 PWA extension is very advantageous for simplifying the operation of your eCommerce venture.
Magento 2 PWA Extension BenefitsDue to the wide reach of smartphones, organizations continuously roll out more and more applications in order to reach out to as many customers as possible. As eCommerce becomes popular, companies are investing heavily to ensure a smooth experience for customers.
Why SetuBridge's Magento 2 PWA Extension?
- A Progressive Web Application launches in absence of low speed or no internet at all.
- This technology nullifies a need for a Play Store or an App Store to physically download an app on a customer’s phone.
- The admin panel is in charge of a look and feel of an entire application.
- Once a user sets display mode to full screen or standalone mode, experience app-like interaction.
- It is installable on a phone as an app icon can be saved to your home page.
- The Splash screen appears when a user opens their phone.
- Further, an admin can also send notifications to the customers from time to time.
Once the user installs a Google Lighthouse module, it will help you increase a PWA score. It will help to measure & validates this PWA metric. Further, it is necessary for the site to be faster in order to obtain a good score on this tool. Check your PWA score by adding a lighthouse tool in your chrome browser. In the end, please go through this checklist provided by Google which must be adhered to in order to be eligible as a PWA.
Magento 2 PWA extension Set up:
1. To use this module, go to STORE> Configuration > SETUBRIDGE > PWA Tab:
2. Check more info on module configuration instruction here.
PWA Extension Configuration:
- Q1: What is PWA?
- A: This hybrid form of mobile applications and web pages provides users with an in-app appearance and experience.
- Q2: How does it work?
- A: As the user explores a normal webpage in the browser, a "Add to Home screen" prompt will appear. After installing PWA, it will be added into the home screen.
- Q3: Why using PWA module in my Magento site?
- A: A PWA is generally a web technology that makes web apps that look like native apps for mobile devices. It provides an app-style experience such as notifications, offline use, and increases website speed.
- Q4: Does have any demo for the current PWA module?
- A: Open this PWA demo in your mobile device
- Q5: Does this module work with unsecured sites (without HTTPs)?
- A: No, PWA criteria don't allow to launch a web app with unsecured sites. For more info view checklist.
- Q6: Does this extension work on iOS?
- A: Yes, Apple offers partial support for PWAs starting with Safari 11.3. There is no native "Add to Home Screen" prompt, however. Tap the "Add to Home Screen" button in the share menu of the browser to add your app.
- Q7: Will it work in the Magento custom theme?
- A: Yes, as it is based on the Magento framework, it works on every custom theme.
- Q8: Can I submit the PWA app on google play store?
- A: Yes, there is a buzz word called Trusted Web Activity from google which helps you publishing your PWA to google play store. You can read more about this.
- Q9: After adding this module, does it affect on my site speed?
- A: Site speed will be improved as PWA uses service worker that is able to provide great speed as of native apps. So once the page is loaded it will get cached & utilized later.
- Q10: Is the extension compatible with Magento latest version 2.4.x?
- A: Yes.
- Q11: Is the SetuBridge extension available to install with a one-time payment or subscription-based?
- A: The extension is available to install & integrate with the store with a one-time payment.
- Q12: Will I get free support and updates?
- A: Yes, with the purchase, you’ll get 6 months of free support and 1 year of updates.
- Q13: Is it possible to test the Setubridge extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- A: Yes, you can switch on the production domain from your test domain after configuring all the settings.
- Q14: How can I get a refund?
- A: You can read out the refund policyfor more details.