Progressive Web Apps Magento® 2 Extension
The Progressive Web Application Magento 2 module utilizes the power of browsers to deliver an experience of that of mobile applications!
- Installable PWA by activating Add to Home screen popup.
- Allow sending web push notifications to customers.
- Truly app-like experience with full screen or standalone mode.
- App Manifest configuration to be fulfilled as PWA.
- Personalize splash screen background.
- PWA event tracking with Google Analytics.
- Interactive event tracking Dashboard.
Version 1.0.2 CE (Nov 28, 2019)
- + Track the installs & app view events on event tracking dashboard
- + Extended "scope", so admin make practical use of it when PWA is into sub directory
Version 1.0.1 CE (Mar 28, 2019)
- + Admin can upload Splash Icon
- + Tracking PWA Events With Google Analytics (This will allow to tracking PWA events with Google Analytics, such as to track how many users have added our site to their home screen.)
Version 1.0.0 CE (Jan 17, 2018)
- + Support offline mode, admin can choose an offline page
- + Launches without internet or low-quality internet
- + Works lightning fast if compared to a website
- + Enter & display web application name
- + Splash background colour of the PWAs.
- + Send multiple notifications at a time
- + Works completely responsive on all the platforms
- + Upload and change an application icon
- + Set the theme colour of the PWAs
WHY MAGENTO 2 PWA EXTENSION?
Due to the wide reach of smartphones, organizations continuously roll out more and more applications in order to reach out to as many customers as possible. As eCommerce becomes popular, companies are investing heavily to ensure a smooth experience for customers. In days, the behaviour observed by several surveys that customers avoid downloading apps due to lack of space on their phones. This leads to a loss of revenue for brands, and sales go down. To address these problems, SetuBridge brings this superb user experiensive Magento 2 PWA module. It being utilizes web browser capabilities & provides a mobile app-like experience to the users.
- A Progressive Web Application launches in absence of low speed or no internet at all.
- This technology nullifies a need for a Play Store or an App Store to physically download an app in a customer’s phone.
- The admin panel is in charge of a look and feel of an entire application.
- Once a user sets display mode to full screen or standalone mode, a user will experience app like interaction.
- It is installable on a phone as an app icon can be saved to your home page.
- The Splash screen appears when a user opens their phone.
- Further, an admin can also send notifications to the customers from time to time.
Once the user installs a Google Lighthouse module, it will help you increase a PWA score. It will helps to measure & validates this PWA metric. Further, it is necessary for the site to be faster in order to obtain a good score on this tool. Check your PWA score by adding a lighthouse tool in your chrome browser. In the end, please go through this checklist provided by Google which must be adhered to in order to be eligible as a PWA.
Progressive Web Apps Extension Set up:
1. To use this module, go to STORE> Configuration > SETUBRIDGE > Progressive Web Apps Tab:
2. Check more info on extension installation instruction here.
Progressive Web Apps Extension Configuration:
- Q1: What is PWA? & how it works?
- A: PWA is a hybrid version of traditional mobile application & web pages, allows users to have in-app appearance & experience. It begins with a normal webpage in the user's browser, as the user explores the webpage, a "Add to Home screen" prompt will appear. After installing PWA, it will be added into the home screen.
- Q2: After adding this extension, does it affect on my site speed?
- A: Site speed will be improved as PWA uses service worker that is able to provide great speed as of native apps. So once the page is loaded it will get cached & utilized later.
- Q3: Why using PWA module in my Magento site?
- A: The PWA is generally a web technology which makes web app especially for mobile devices which looks like a native app. It allows for an app-style experience such as notifications, offline use & also increase website speed.
- Q4: Does have any demo for the current extension?
- A: Open this PWA demo in your mobile device
- Q4: Is it compatible with Magento's latest version?
- A: Yes, this extension compatible with Magento 2 Community Edition (2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x).
- Q4: Does this extension work with unsecured sites (without HTTPs)?
- A: No, PWA criteria don't allow to launch a web app with unsecured sites. For more info view checklist.